Thomas Markle says he had no plans to see Meghan Markle and Harry in the UK

  • Thomas Markle told Insider that he does not plan to reunite with Meghan on the Queen’s Jubilee.
  • Thomas was due to travel to London in June, but was unable to arrive after a stroke in May.
  • He told Insider that he is still recovering.

Father of the Duchess of Sussex Thomas Markle he told the Insider that he had no plans to meet with her again in London earlier in June.

Thomas, 77, was to travel to the UK Platinum Jubilee of Queen Elizabethwhich Meghan and Prince Harry were present together with other members of the royal family. But Thomas was hospitalized after stroke May and was forced to miss the celebration because he was recovering at home.

“I had a stroke and could not attend the jubilee and am still recovering, but my intention was to come to pay tribute to the Queen, the royal family and the British people,” Thomas said in a statement. with the Insider.

“I was invited to the jubilee by Dan Wootton and Lady C and other friends in Britain, I did not plan to see my daughter and Harry,” he added later in a statement.

Thomas was supposed to appear in a TV special with journalist Dan Wooton on GB News during the Queen’s Jubilee, Wootton wrote in an article for Mail Online in May. He was also invited to stay with TV personalities and authors House of Lady Colin CampbellCastle Goring in West Sussex, reported Stephanie Takyi of the Daily Mail.

Thomas issued a statement in response to a request for comment following an Insider interview with Thomas’ YouTube partner, Karl Larsen. The couple is a co-founder Extraordinary friendship the channel earlier this year, which had more than 18,000 followers on Wednesday.

Karl Larsen and Thomas Markle

Karl Larsen and Thomas Markle point to a photo of Meghan and Thomas.

Karl Larsen.


Speaking to Insider after the jubilee, Larsen said he had attended several events, including Trooping the Color with wife and son. Larsen said Thomas had not shared his plans with him that he was healthy enough to visit London.

He said he didn’t believe Thomas would reconcile with Meghan, who he is with whom she has not spoken since before the wedding in 2018.

“Well, no, because here’s the thing. You know, and I know, when you go there … that Thomas just went with me. [to the Jubilee]99% of people would never recognize him, “Larsen told Insider.

“I never would. I don’t think so, maybe you think so too,” he added.

Thomas told the Insider that he had severed ties with Larsen since he filmed their last YouTube episode. And in an interview with Insider over the phone, Thomas’ son, Thomas Markle Jr., said he was not happy with Larsen speaking on behalf of his father.

Thomas said ua YouTube video announced on May 21 that he had arranged his visit to London earlier Sussexes announced they would attend.

“I don’t think we will run into each other, I don’t think we will go to the same places, but I’m sure there will be moments when there will be a look between me and my daughter and my son-in-law, and we will have to play it by ear,” he said. is Thomas in the video.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend the Queen Elizabeth Platinum Jubilee Service

Prince Harry and Megan Markle, Duke and Duchess of Sussex, leave after a service of thanksgiving for the reign of Queen Elizabeth II at St. Paul’s Cathedral in London on June 3, 202.

AP Photo / Matt Dunham


Harry and Meghan kept a low profile on the jubilee, attending only a small number of public events, including Thanksgiving Service in the Cathedral of St. Paul on June 3, which marked their first joint performance in the UK since their step back in 2020. They watched Trooping the Color on June 2, but did not greet fans on the balcony, according to The Queen’s request that only older members of the royal family do so.

Representatives of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.