MIAMI, June 23, 2022 / PRNewswire / – The International University of Art and Design in Miami (MIU) will host its annual SWIM SHOW on Thursday, July 14 during the opening of Swim Week in PARAISO Miami Beach. For the first time ever, MIU’s SWIM SHOW will bring together high school seniors from both MIU and its previous school badge, the International College of Fine Arts (IFAC), in the same show. This year, MU Fashion Design students will pay tribute to their alma mater by highlighting the legacy of “MIUAD” (MIU’s Art & Design program) for the past 57 years.
“We look forward to having our students show off their hard work this year as we pay tribute to MIUAD’s legacy through unique collections,” says Oscar Lopez, Chair of Fashion at the International University of Art and Design in Miami.
The long-awaited MIU runway show will begin by showcasing the work of 10 students, 10 recent graduates and five represented alumni. All in all, students will be proud to show 46 different looks to the astute international audience of Swim Week.
Recent graduates include:
- Anastasio Giannoutsos (BFA Fashion Design 2018)
- Pablo Palomeque – (AA Fashion Design 2018)
- Vania Zelaya Altuna (BFA Fashion Design 2019)
- Eduardo Blanco (BFA Fashion Design 2019)
- Melanie Borjas Sanchez (BFA Fashion Design 2019)
- Patricia Camacho Diaz (BFA Fashion Design 2020)
- Chevia Roach-Segall (BFA Fashion Design 2020)
- Andrea Nova (BFA Fashion Design 2020)
- Dana El Ghoul Heredia (BFA Fashion Design 2021)
- Natasha Tabunova (BFA Fashion Design 2021)
Prominent alumni include:
- Maria Buccellati, Faith Connexion (AA in Fashion Design, Merchandising and Marketing, IFAC, 1984)
- Maria D’Ocon, Atelier D’Ocon (BFA in Fashion Design, 2017, MIU)
- Gustavo Cadile, Gustavo Cadile (AA in Fashion Design, 1998, IFAC)
- Rene Ruiz, Rene by RR (BSc in Fashion Design, 1990, IFAC)
- Julian Chang, Julian Chang (AA in Fashion Design, 1998, IFAC)
SWIM SHOW of the International University of Art and Design in Miami
Thursday, July 14 at 2PMPARAISO Tent2100 Collins AveMiami Beach, FL 33139Instagram: @miamiintluniversity
To buy tickets while they are still available, visit the Eventbrite page here.
Students: $ 10. General ticket: $ 25VIP: $ 50
From the website: “We continue to increase resources within our fashion community to support student success. This year you will have the opportunity to contribute to our mission to provide our students with academic and practical skills and prepare them for industry positions. Your donation this year will support student annual fashion activities, including the Swim Fashion Show, the Style Fashion Show and the NYFW Student Design Contest. “
Find the entire PARAISO Miami Beach schedule hereand for more information on the International University of Art and Design in Miami and its program offerings in fashion design and fashion merchandising visit: https://www.artinstitutes.edu/miami.
About Miami International University of Art & Design
Founded in 1965, Miami International University of Art and Design is located near the heart of the art district and offers graduate programs in the fields of fashion, media art and design. The Miami International University of Art and Design is one of the Institutes of the Arts, a system of private schools across the United States. Programs, credential levels, technologies, and scheduling options vary from school to school and are subject to change. Not all programs are available to residents of all U.S. states. Miami International University of Art and Design, 1501 Biscayne Boulevard, Suite 100, Miami, FL 33132-1418 © 2022. The Arts Institutes International LLC. All rights reserved.
See original multimedia download content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/miami-international-university-of-art–designs-swim-show-scheduled-for-july-14th-at-paraiso-miami-beach-301574171.html
SOURCE Miami International University of Art and Design