Twas the Friday earlier than the elite highway races, and all alongside the course, not a creature was stirring, other than the birds which maintain attacking Bauke Mollema. Sorry to mangle Clement Clarke Moore’s well-known poem there, however it’s time to get correctly excited concerning the women and men racing for the rainbow bands this weekend.
Earlier than we get there, here’s a particular bumper version of Tweets of the Week to maintain you going earlier than you get up within the early hours to observe the races on Saturday and Sunday.
We paused final week, in order that’s why there’s a lot content material to look over; a few of it’s fairly good, I promise.
This week, now we have the birds, the fixed birds, Elisa Longo Borghini shedding her thoughts about folks messing up Italian delicacies, Intermarché producing Adam Levine memes, and so, a lot extra.
1. We begin off with a beautiful second – a second of reconciliation between Fabio Jakobsen and Dylan Groenewegen, two riders linked by a horrible incident
This photograph reconciles anger, worry, guilt, disgrace and so many hidden emotions and conflicting feelings. Heals my soul. 📸 @SprintCycling captures winner Fabio Jakobsen in a beautiful gesture with Dylan Groenewegen’s son within the podium of the Flanders Championship. pic.twitter.com/jM3iSbBjE0September 22, 2022
2. Who’s Michael Leonard? How a lot does he weigh? What’s his web value? How tall is he?
To keep away from confusion, this isn’t the Michael Leonard who completed 112th within the Rás in 2015, however the one who completed 4th on the Giro di Primavera this yr https://t.co/GAR2eEQ9OnSeptember 22, 2022
3. Bauke Mollema has not had an excellent week in Wollongong, what with a mechanical within the TTT and the fixed consideration of Australian birds
Remake > authentic(Sorry @BaukeMollema, we needed to do it 😜)#Wollongong2022 pic.twitter.com/elwGp4NbAPSeptember 21, 2022
4. It isn’t simply Mollema who has confronted the ire of the winged creatures
Hopefully I make it to the beginning line tomorrow with these Magpie assaults 🤕😂 @UCI_cycling @RochelleGilmore @wollongong2022 pic.twitter.com/EdAMSD5QoLSeptember 23, 2022
5. Annemiek van Vleuten may need crashed and put her highway race probabilities unsure, however at the very least she has a humorous image
Again from hospital Wollongong (tremendous assist there🙏!). Secure fracture elbow, no surgical procedure wanted. I’m allowed to experience my bike, however depends upon ache and must be wise. Hope I can sleep. Not less than I can already chuckle about this image 🤣😉⬇️ pic.twitter.com/xCIEVDEcthSeptember 21, 2022
6. It was per week that began off so a lot better for the flying Dutchwoman, nothing like a tow from Mathieu van der Poel
Right now practise workforce relay! After a espresso cease our guys did some ‘moto pacing’ for @ellenvdijk and me again to our resort. Thanks guys for bringing us quick house 😉😅 @mathieuvdpoel @BaukeMollema pic.twitter.com/O5okgNL5w1September 20, 2022
7. It’s fairly scary that individuals born in 2004 are this good at biking
5 years in the past within the Nationwide Trophy Collection cyclocross U14: 🇬🇧 Josh Tarling and 🇬🇧 Zoe Backstedt. 5 years later World Champions 🌈#Wollongong2022 🇦🇺 pic.twitter.com/ytgZZmWtJISeptember 20, 2022
8. Ellen van Dijk may be world champion for a 3rd time, however all she needs is chocolate
Have a look at me wishing it is a chocolate medal😋#wollongong22 pic.twitter.com/SDuV8hz7cISeptember 19, 2022
9. Filippo Ganna was very trustworthy about his efficiency in final weekend’s time trial, labelling it the flop of the yr. Let’s hope his Hour File goes higher
“Sembra che un settimo posto sia il flop dell’anno, semplicemente le gambe non giravano. Mi dispiace aver fatto svegliare amici e tifosi in Italia”Le parole di @GannaFilippo by way of @Federciclismo (e no, nemmeno questa volta Pippo cerca scuse) pic.twitter.com/2BcASl8GlYSeptember 18, 2022
10. Rick Zabel, bicycle owner, son of a legend, entertainer?
11. Don’t butcher Italian meals in entrance of Elisa Longo Borghini, she will probably be mad
12. Keep in mind to work out who truly received earlier than congratulating your teammate
13. Look, Remco Evenepoel may need simply received the Vuelta a España, the primary Belgian to win a Grand Tour in 44 years, however now he’s actually successful, with a brand new speaker. Err
Enormous congratulations to @EvenepoelRemco for successful the Vuelta a España with @qst_alphavinyl. We predict the brand new Beosound Steadiness in Pure Aluminium will slot in effectively in your trophy shelf.#BeosoundBalance#BangOlufsen pic.twitter.com/wlOYs18BbQSeptember 15, 2022
14. Think about turning up for an area race and Wout van Aert simply being there. I might surrender
That is cool! @NVHooydonck @WoutvanAert @yveslampaert @Jasperstuyven and @dewulfst getting round an area Aussie clubbie pic.twitter.com/SOlOSdg2gUSeptember 15, 2022
15. Ellen van Dijk is humorous! For individuals who do not keep in mind, she received some, err, attention-grabbing prizes for successful the EasyToys Bloeizone Fryslân Tour earlier this yr. She doesn’t want extra
Thanks for the supply Leyuto, however we’re nonetheless determining how you can use the stuff from the @EasytoysNL package we obtained within the @BloeizoneFrTour. So we’re good for now! https://t.co/kFTMClhuPvSeptember 23, 2022
Adam Levine response when he noticed Intermarché-Wanty-Gobert in 4th place of the UCI World Rating pic.twitter.com/lPvvN1NOSNSeptember 22, 2022
17. It was a tragic day for Leo Hayter in Wollongong, as documented by his dad
18. Think about strolling right into a barber and asking for a Geraint Thomas or a Marc Soler. You may need to take an image. I am not going to do it, I am busy engaged on getting my mullet again, however perhaps it’s best to. Go on, attempt it
Have Marc Soler and Geraint Thomas’ haircuts ever been seen in the identical room collectively? pic.twitter.com/KpiVq4ij3LSeptember 22, 2022