Rod Stewart ‘disappointed’ by Harry and Megan ‘s treatment of the Queen Royal | News

Rod Stewart held a much-talked-about performance at a pop concert that was part of a broad platinum jubilee celebration, delighting royal viewers on the show in front of Buckingham Palace. His performance of ‘Sweet Caroline’ was chosen by BBC Radio 2 audiences as a tribute to the Queen, but it doesn’t seem to be Sir Rod’s choice as the musician introduced the song announcing: “This isn’t fun to sing, but the BBC made me sing it. Let it be fun for me. “But the guests of honor seemed to enjoy the act – Prince William and his son Prince George were seen singing, while Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, waved their Union Jack flags impatiently.

Meghan and Harry made their official public appearances for the first time since leaving the royal wing on Friday, when they attended a service of thanksgiving for the Queen at St. Paul’s Cathedral.

When the couple arrived, they were greeted by whistles, as well as the cheers of observers lined up in front of the cathedral.

Sir Rod previously referred to the couple, who left Firm 2020.

Just before their release, the singer condemned Meghan and Harry for skipping Christmas in Sandringham.

In December 2019, he said: “The queen is 93 years old. I flew around the world to be with my mom and dad on Christmas because I knew they didn’t have much left.

“I was disappointed that Harry and Meghan decided not to spend Christmas with the Queen.

“If I were Harry, I’d think there’s enough time in the future to spend Christmas alone or with Megan’s mom.”

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have decided to spend the holiday season in Canada with Meghan’s mother, Doria Ragland.

DON’T MISS

A spokesman for the couple said at the time: “The duke and duchess are looking forward to the extended family time at the end of this month.

“Having spent the last two Christmases in Sandringham, their Royal Highnesses will spend the holidays this year, as a new family, with the Duchess’s mother Doria Ragland.”

Upon their return to the UK in January 2020, the Sussexes have announced they will retire from their roles as senior members of the royal family.

They later moved to the United States and have since created new lives in California with their two children – three-year-old Archie Harrison and Lily.

The couple returned with their family for the first time this week to mark the Queen’s jubilee.

On the eve of their return, there were hints that Meghan and Harry would be a hindrance to the jubilee and that they might overshadow the monarch and her achievement.

There was even a fear that the couple would be accompanied by Netflix’s film crew, which has reportedly followed Sussexes for the past few months in a “home” documentary series.

However, it was later confirmed that he would not shoot for his documentaries.

Instead, the couple kept a low profile over the weekend, in line with the Queen’s wishes.

It remains unknown whether Meghan and Harry will show up during the final events of the weekend.

The platinum jubilee selection will close the platinum jubilee celebration on Sunday afternoon.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.