Prince Harry Meghan Markle: Queen’s aides will prevent Netflix from filming Platinum Jubilee

After Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s defiant statement about the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, the Palace has launched efforts to stop the couple’s “exploiting” events.

Palace “minders” will stop any Harry and Meghan Netflix crew if they try to film inside royal events at the Platinum Jubilee.

Despite a ban from the Palace balcony for Trooping the Color, the couple may still appear another day.

A team has been tasked to stop any moves by filmmakers to “exploit” the streaming giant’s $ 135 million deal with the couple at the Queen’s four-day celebrations.

Harry, 37, and Meghan40, announced on Friday they will be attending with their children – minutes after the Queen barred them from the Palace balcony for the Trooping the Color ceremony.

However, insiders believe the pair could still appear in front of the public at the Palace – after the Sunday finale.

It comes as exclusive pictures showed a topless Harry changing shirts after playing polo in the boiling heat at Santa Barbara in California on Friday – which was also his son Archie’s third birthday.

A well-placed source said: “While the family are delighted Harry and Meghan are coming, there is a real fear of tension, especially over any Netflix crew. There are concerns tension could explode if the Netflix team comes to the UK and tries to exploit their opportunities.

“The worry is they will push it and try to gain access to areas of Jubilee celebration events where they can film Harry and Meghan and their children.

“Even if they accept that their Netflix crew can’t go into Buckingham Palace to film, they could cause problems – and at the very least cause a major distraction.

“Senior courtiers believe that Netflix will see it as one big opportunity to exploit their mega-millions agreement with the couple.

“So a team of Palace aides will be on standby to keep a very close eye on the crew, and act as minders if needs be.”

After months of indecision, the Sussexes announced on Friday that they would attend the Jubilee with Archie and daughter Lilibet, 11 months, who the Queen has never met.

It came after Buckingham Palace released a statement saying the Queen would limit those appearing on the balcony at Trooping the Color on Thursday June 2 to “working royals”.

That means no invite for Harry and Meghanwho quit royal duty for a life in the States in 2020, or Prince Andrew62, who was cast out amid a long-running civil sex abuse lawsuit.

However sources say Harry and Meghan may still get a balcony appearance if an impromptu gathering is held after the official Jubilee Pageant finale on Sunday, June 5.

The Sun can also reveal that Prince Charles, 73, had words of encouragement with his youngest son – and told him he and Meghan should be at the celebrations.

A source said: “The Queen will have thought very carefully about the line-up and the announcement.

“The celebrations are to mark her 70 years of service, so it seemed right that the balcony appearance is restricted to those currently serving the Queen.

“And while the timing of Harry and Meghan’s statement raised eyebrows, it also came after some discussions between Charles and his son.”

‘ENCOURAGING’

“The Prince of Wales told Harry, in an encouraging way, he felt they should be there to honor The Queen.”

The Platinum Jubilee kicks off with the Trooping the Color ceremony, earmarked by aides as a potential Netflix flashpoint.

There is also concern the crew may follow them to St Paul’s Cathedral the following day, and seek access to the Epsom Derby on the Saturday.

Courtiers have made it clear that Netflix cameras will not be allowed access to Royal properties such as Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle.

But the crew could mingle with the public and shadow the Sussexes in VIP areas at public events.

Up to 30 crew members followed them at the Invictus Games for injured service personnel in Holland last month.

Harry and Meghan also made an unannounced visit to the Queen at Windsor – with some royal experts saying they only did it to please Netflix producers.

The couple signed a deal with the streaming giant in September 2020 to make documentaries and factual content.

This article originally appeared on The Sun and is reproduced here with permission

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.