Prince Harry faced a “painful 19 minutes” because “the reality of a new life must have sunk” Royal | News

Royal expert Richard Kay claims that the schedule of sitting in St. Paul’s Cathedral for the Thanksgiving service on Friday is “the public reality of Harry’s slide through the royal order”. Mr Kay said the Duke and Duchess of Sussex “instead moved to the second row with members of the royal family” and waited for the “real stars of the show to arrive” with Prince Charles, Camille, William and Kate who took part in the procession to their headquarters in in the first place.

Writing for the Daily Mail, the royal expert said: “Nothing illustrated how the exile of Sussex in California turned their old world upside down other than the way – and the time – of their arrival at St Paul’s.

“As non-working members of the royal family, they are now very much in another league.

“And although they were spared the insult of sharing a coach who brought in a bunch of smaller members of the royal family who similarly do not perform official duties, such as the son of Princess Michael of Kent, Lord Frederick Windsor, they were just behind them.”

Mr Kay added: “It was a painful 19 minutes before William and Kate arrived to take their seats.

“If the reality of his new life has escaped Prince Harry so far, it must have sunk then.”

Harry and Meghan, who had arrived from California to celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee, sat in the second row behind the Wessex family and the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester.

Far across the road were the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and Cambridge.

The Sussexes had to push past Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie and their husbands Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi and Jack Brooksbank, who were already seated, to get to their seats.

READ MORE: GB News panelist criticizes Meghan-bashing for going too far

Working members of the royal family filled the chairs in the front row, meaning there was no room there for Harry and Meghan in the top positions.

However, the couple made a solo procession after the rest of the royal family and before Charles and William.

The event was their first public appearance alongside the Windsors since Megxit left the royal duties two years ago.

There was no obvious interaction on the television camera between Harry and his brother William, who have been facing a rift for a long time, nor with Charles, with whom he also had a problematic relationship, or between Meghan and Kate.

Just over a year ago, the Sussexes made a series of bombing allegations about the royal family in an interview with Oprah Winfrey, including accusing an unnamed member of the royal family of racism.

The crowd that gathered in front cheered and booed the Queen’s grandson and former actress Suits.

In 2012, for the Diamond Jubilee, Harry took a proud place in the front row for his service in St. Paul, marking the 60th anniversary of the Queen on the throne.

A lot has changed since Harry married Meghan at a spectacular royal wedding in 2018, followed by their problematic departure in 2020.

A mass gathering of nearly 50 members of the royal family, including Harry and Meghan, was invited to a special reception at Guildhall after the service.

But the Sussexes, thought to have returned to their Frogmore Cottage base, chose not to attend.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.