Prince Albert talks about Princess Charlene’s return to Monaco: She ‘suffered a lot’

Prince Albert of Monaco addressed the woman Princess Charlenea one-year absence from Monaco, saying she “suffered a lot” at the time due to health problems.

We are talking about the weekend newspaper Sunday newspaperAlbert described the distance period as a “test” for the couple and their children, twins Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella, but said Charlene’s recent return to the palace was “the most beautiful thing that could have happened”.

“We missed the princess a lot. And we were obviously hurt by the malicious rumors that were spreading,” he added.

“But we managed to stay united despite the distance, we talked to each other often.”

READ MORE: The children of Cambridge surprisingly appear at the second jubilee event

Princess Charlene
Albert referred to his wife’s one-year absence from the palace, saying that she “suffered a lot”. (FilmMagic)

Charlene, 44, had just taken office after returning to Monaco.

The princess fell ill with an ear, nose and throat infection while in her homeland of South Africa in May 2021. Her 10-day visit turned into a six-month stay as she remained too ill to return to Monaco.

Charlene was then treated for “exhaustion” at a health clinic in Switzerland in November last year.

The ruling Prince of Monaco expressed gratitude for Charlene’s recovery Sunday newspaper it is “relief” and “joy” for his family.

READ MORE: Queen Elizabeth begins her party at the Palace with a lovely sketch with Paddington the Bear

Prince Jacques, Prince Albert II of Monaco, Princess Charlene of Monaco and Princess Gabriella attend the Grand Prix of Monaco
The ruling prince of Monaco described the period of distance as a “test” for the couple and their children. (WireImage)

Albert’s interview for the publication was conducted before Saturday’s announcement that Charlene was diagnosed with COVID-19.

While appearing at a fashion event in Monte Carlo with her daughter, Princess Gabrielle (7 years old), Charlene shared news about her “long and difficult” recovery.

“When I returned to the Principality, I focused all my energy on my children, husband and my health because they are my priority,” Princess Charlene said.

“My health is still fragile and I don’t want to go too fast. The road has been long, difficult and so painful. Today I feel calmer.”

READ MORE: An unseen video of the queen as Princess Anne takes over as monarch at the Epsom Derby has been released

Upon her return, Charlene dealt with rumors that she and Prince Albert were preparing for divorce. (Instagram / princesscharlene)

At the same event, Charlene also referred to rumors that she and Prince Albert were preparing for divorce.

“I am still sorry that certain media are spreading such rumors about my life, my relationship,” the royal member said. Monaco Matin.

“Like everyone else, we are human beings and like all people we have emotions, weaknesses, only our family is exposed to the media and the slightest weakness is transmitted.”

Charlene told the newspaper that Albert is “very supportive” and is doing everything he can to protect her and their two children from the circle of rumors.

For a daily dose of 9 honey, subscribe to our newsletter here.

The life of Princess Charlene of Monaco in pictures

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.