Former glamor model Katie Price had hopes of starring in the new All-Stars edition of I’m a Celebrity … Get Me out Of Here! but has reportedly been dubbed ‘unsuitable’
Katie Price has been dubbed “unsuitable” for the upcoming All-Stars edition of I’m a Celebrity … Get Me out Of Here! following her pending court case.
The 43-year-old was eager to land a spot on the hit program and even took to Instagram to beg bosses to allow her to be part of the show.
Alongside a screenshotted article about the highly-anticipated ITV show, she wrote: “Yes get me in”.
Hosted by iconic presenter duo Ant and Dec, the series will see legendary campmates return to the screen with filming due to take place in South Africa later this year.
Get the news you want straight to your inbox. Sign up for a Mirror newsletter here
The mum-of-five, who was known professionally as Jordan, previously featured on the show in 2004 where she found love with now ex-husband Peter Andre.
She returned to the ninth series of I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here! in 2009 but quit voluntarily after just nine days.
She went on to make millions with reality shows, endorsement deals, books and a whole host of product launches.
ITV / Rex Features)
However, Katie’s image is reportedly “not suitable” for the show and she won’t be asked to participate as ITV “can’t be seen to endorse her”.
A source told The Sun. : “There’s no doubt that Katie makes great TV and has been one of the standouts on I’m A Celeb over the years, but she’s too much of a liability for the show to cast her in the All-Stars version.
Cameron Laird / REX / Shutterstock)
“Ultimately this show has a very broad audience and a lot of younger viewers, and right now, she isn’t a suitable contestant for a family show.
“Of course this may change in the future when there has been some distance from all the legal dramas, but as it stands currently, ITV don’t think it would be appropriate – even though they know it would deliver ratings of gold.”
Katie is due to appear at Lewes Crown Court in East Sussex on May 25 for a plea and trial preparation hearing after being accused of breaching a restraining order and harassing her ex-husband’s new partner.
Last month, Sussex Police said in a statement: “On Friday, January 21, officers arrested a woman on suspicion of breaching a restraining order.
“Katie Price, 43, has since been charged with harassment – breach of a restraining order.”
When approached by the Mirror for comment regarding the reports, a spokesperson for ITV said the channel will not be commenting as it has not officially announced any I’m A Celeb All Star shows.
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct at 0207 29 33033.