Controversial YouTuber Logan Paul appeared Monday on the “True Geordie” podcast.
He said Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson severed ties with him after Paul filmed the dead body in 2017.
Johnson and Paul shot several videos together before Paul got involved in the controversy.
Controversial influencer Logan Paul said in a podcast Monday that wrestler and actor Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson broke off ties with him in 2017 after Paul got a backlash to photograph a dead body in Japan.
YouTuber said that the conflict with Johnson was “one of the saddest moments” in his life.
Paul, who has 23.5 million YouTube subscribers, appeared as a guest podcast “True Geordie”., hosted by YouTuber Brian Davis, known as True Geordie. In the episode, Paul said that he was once friends with Johnson and that the couple recorded several videos i sketches together on Paul’s YouTube channel 2017.
In December 2017. Paul posted a videowhich has since been erased, and which shows a dead body in the Japanese forest of Aokigahara, causing controversy. Paul said on the podcast that he and Johnson shared a publicist, who told Paul after the video that Johnson didn’t want to “have anything” to do with him.
“After Japan happened, I obviously found myself in a hole, rightly, that I’ve never been in before, extremely mentally weak, and I got a call from my publicist, who also represented Dwayne‘ The Rock ’Johnson, and she’s like ‘Hey, Dwayne asked you to remove all the pictures and videos you worked with him,’ Paul said.
YouTuber said that, although he realized that he had made a “grotesque mistake”, he would still like Johnson to call him or send a message instead of communicating through his publicist.
“I thought we had a healthy relationship, an open line of communication, and I was so sad that my hero didn’t want anything to do with me,” he said.
Paul said Johnson contacted him about three months ago via private messages on Instagram, “as if nothing had happened,” to say he thought one of Paul’s videos on Instagram was funny. Paul said that he did not respond to Johnson’s message, but he still thinks that the actor is “great”.
Johnson’s representatives did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment.
In January 2018. Paul tweeted an apology about the video, which became known as the “Suicide Forest” video, says: “With great power comes great responsibility … for the first time in my life I regret to say that I mishandled that power. It will not” will not happen again. “
Paul lost several deals with brands and advertisers after the controversy, but has regained popularity on social media, continuing to post YouTube videos and recently launching a line of so-called sports drinks. Prime Hydration with the British YouTuber KSI.
Later bidding in boxing matches against YouTubers and athletes, Paul made his wrestling debut in April at WrestleMania, an annual pay-per-view event hosted by the WWE network. Paul fought in a team match with WWE superstar Miza, defeating father-son duo Rey and Dominik Mysterio.
Johnson began his career as a WWE wrestler in 1996 he left in 2004 to pursue acting. Since then, he has starred in several films with performers such as Kevin Hart and Mark Wahlberg. He also publishes content on fitness and lifestyle YouTube channelwhich has 6 million subscribers.
Read the original article at Insider