Blac Chyna sued the family members for $ 40 million citing loss of earnings and more than $ 60 million in future earnings – and she has won her legal battle after a 12-strong jury ruled her victory
Blac Chyna has lost her legal battle against the Kardashian family after she took them to court for defamation and other allegations.
She filed a $ 100million lawsuit against the family and they have been battling it out in court over the last few weeks.
The mum-of-one – who previously dated Rob Kardashian – claimed the group were responsible for her show Rob & Chyna getting canceled.
The couple – who share six-year-old daughter Dream together – split in 2017.
The KUWTK spinoff, named Rob and Chyna, ran for one season before it got axed by the US ‘E! network.
However, Rob’s lawyer claimed that the couple’s split led to the show’s cancellation.
The Kardashians have denied all the claims Chyna has made.
Now a judge has ruled a loss for 33-year-old Chyna – finding that none of the Kardashians had defamed Chyna, nor did they interfere with her contract by convincing the E! network to cancel her show Rob & Chyna.
The four Kardashian defenders which included Kim Kardashian, Kris Jenner, Khloé Kardashian and Kylie Jenner attended nearly the entire trial.
However, when the verdict was read, all four stars were all in New York at the Met Gala.
After lengthy deliberations, the jurors decided that the Kardashians often acted in ‘bad faith’.
They found that the family were not justified in telling the executives and producers of Rob & Chyna that Chyna physically abused their brother and son, Rob Kardashian.
However, they found that it had no substantial effect on Chyna’s contract or the fate of the show, and she was awarded no damages.
The Kardashian attorney, Michael G Rhodes, said the family was ‘exuberant’ and ‘very pleased’ when he called them with the news.
It comes after jurors failed to reach a verdict on Friday.
Kim, Kourtney, Khloe and Kris, who all tested earlier in the week, were absent from the courtroom on Friday – as was Chyna.
The 12-strong jury spent seven hours deliberating at Downtown Los Angeles courthouse – but were forced to continue the trial this week.
Khrome / SplashNews.com)
Chyna sued the family members for $ 40 million citing loss of earnings and more than $ 60 million in future earnings, claiming they used their influence to cancel the second season of the show.
She also claimed the family embarked on a campaign to tarnish her reputation by encouraging network executives to pull the plug on the show, after the model and socialite was accused of fighting with Rob in December 2016. The pair went their separate ways shortly afterwards.
There was good news for Kim, 41, in the courtroom, however, after attorney Rhodes filed a motion for a ‘directed verdict’ asking Judge Gregory Alarcon to remove her from the defamation claims.
He argued that the comments made by Kim in emails to her family or E! executives were not ‘defamatory’ adding that the suit against her should be dismissed since it was not included in the jury instructions.
Ralph Notaro / Splash News)
Judge Alarcon agreed and said in his written ruling that a hand-written brief on the issue submitted in by Chyna’s attorney, Lynne Ciani, ‘fails to establish a defamatory statement made by Kim Kardashian.’
“The motion for directed verdict is therefore granted as to Kim Kardashian as to the defamatory cause of action,” the judge said in court.
The ruling reads: “There is no evidence that defendant Kim Kardashian took a ‘responsible part’ in the publication of the alleged statements by other defenders.”
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct at 0207 29 33033.